Wednesday 11 January 2012

Green Coffee XML - Revisited

I wrote before about my frustration at EDI Standards Proliferation. I also said if there was anything more fustrating than EDI Standards Proliferation, it was EDI Standards Secrecy.

Well done to the Green Coffee Organisation. I can now find reference material for Green Coffee XML on the internet for free. This link leads you to a 124 page PDF document, Contract Terms & Conditions. There listed in appendix A-D is the specification.

[It is there at time of writing. Whether it is moved after the next site redesign is another issue.
So long as it is findable by the major search engines.]

I can't make head or tail of it though (excuse the pun). No worked examples. While I am not an expert on XML, I believe most definitions use DTD or XML Schema. This does not look like either. But still, that is there right and freedom.

The licence is "...royalty-free, worldwide..." and covers copies "...all or part... ..in any form..." provided the copyright notice is retainned and patent truce is maintained.

Well done Green Coffee Org.